BaseGrid Geogrids for Base Stabilization
BaseGrid geogrids are biaxial polypropylene geogrids for base course reinforcement and subgrade stabilization. BaseGrid geogrids deliver strength, long-term performance, reliability and quick installation for base reinforcement of paved roads, construction haul roads, foundation reinforcement, permanent unpaved roads, working platforms on weak soils, parking areas and secondary reinforcement for soil retaining structures.
When constructing roadways over a relatively firm subgrade, BaseGrid biaxial geogrids provide a predictable and reliable level of performance to enhance pavement life and may reduce required aggregate and or pavement thickness. The high tensile strength and junction efficiency of BaseGrid biaxial geogrids confine and restrain aggregate from lateral movement. This distributes the applied load over the subgrade to a larger area resulting in a thinner pavement cross section, a longer service life or a combination of both.
BaseGrid 11 (Type 1) Single Layer Geogrid
BaseGrid 11 is an integrally formed, polypropylene, bi-axial geogrid with a load transfer mechanism of positive mechanical interlock. BaseGrid 11 has an Ultimate Tensile Strength of 850 x 1,300 lb/ft.
BaseGrid 11 is an equivalent for Tensar® BX1100. Please use the "Product Comparison" tab at the top of our website. Click on the tab and then choose Tensar® BX1100 from the drop down box on the USF Product Comparison" page. A new page showing a comparison between Tensar® BX1100 and BaseGrid 11 will appear. You can those choose the "create pdf" button to save or print out the comparison. You can also choose the other Tensar® bi-axial products including BX1200, BX1300 & BX1500.
BaseGrid 11 is also an equivalent to the newly introduced Syntec SBX11 geogrid. Use the "Product Comparison" to see for yourself!
BaseGrid 12 (Type 2) Single Layer Geogrid
BaseGrid 12 is an integrally formed, polypropylene, bi-axial geogrid with a load transfer mechanism of positive mechanical interlock. BaseGrid 12 has an Ultimate Tensile Strength of 1,310 x 1,970 lb/ft.
BaseGrid 12 is an equivalent for Tensar® BX1200. Please use the "Product Comparison" tab at the top of our website. Click on the tab and then choose Tensar® BX1200 from the drop down box on the USF Product Comparison" page. A new page showing a comparison between Tensar® BX1200 and BaseGrid 12 will appear. You can those choose the "create pdf" button to save or print out the comparison.
BaseGrid 12 is also an equivalent to the newly introduced Syntec SBX12 geogrid. Use the "Product Comparison" to see for yourself!
BaseGrid 13 & BaseGrid 15 Single Layer Geogrids
US Fabrics also has equals to the other Tensar® bi-axial products including BX1300 & BX1500.
Improved Soil Interaction
Withstands Intense Loads
Uniformed Stress Distribution
Works Well with Weak Soils
Features & Benefits
- Performance. US Fabrics' BaseGrid geogrids can reduce the required granular base fill material for paved and unpaved roads and decrease construction time significantly. US Fabrics' BaseGrid geogrids provide excellent durability and long-term performance.
- Efficiency. Large scale laboratory testing has shown that BaseGrid geogrids can increase the number of traffic loadings before failure twenty fold! With US Fabrics' BaseGrid base stabilization geogrids, longer pavement life can be expected!
- Strength. BaseGrid geogrids offer high strength at low strain and exhibit high tensile strength in both longitudinal and transverse directions, making them suitable for base course reinforcement and soil stabilization applications.
- Soil Interaction. US Fabrics' BaseGrid geogrids greatly improve geogrid interlocking capacity, efficiently distributing applied loads and preventing localized shear failure. Large scale pull-out testing has demonstrated these benefits.
- Equivalents. Use Fabric's BaseGrid geogrid line offers equivalents to the popular Tensar® BX 1100 & Tensar® BX 1200 geogrids. We also offer equivalents to Syntec SBX 11 & SBX 12 single layer bi-axial geogrids!