More resources may be found on the web:
Alabama DOT Home Page
2012 Alabama DOT Standard Specifications For Highway Construction
State QPL information:
QPL LIST II-3
Testing Manual, QPL Procedures etc
• The above information is to be used only as a guide.
• Products on the above list can change without notice.
• US Fabrics products are on the QPL.
(1) While AASHTO M-288-06 has a paving fabric specification, it does not have individual classes. It is a single set of properties. ALDOT is using the term "AASHTO M 288 Paving Fabric", but requiring a Class 2 AASHTO designation. US 160NW meets that criteria and is on the ALDOT QPL for this application. However, we think they may actually want an AASHTO Paving Fabric- which would be our US 100P. There is no such thing as an AASHTO Class 2 Paving Fabric. Please be careful.
(2) The geotextiles for this use must have a coefficient of friction test by the Central Lab.
(3) Standard practice for creep testing of uniaxial geogrids is rupture. ALDOT specifies "Creep Reduced Strength at 10% total Strain Limit."
US Fabrics is proud to serve the geotextile needs of the State of Alabama including:Birmingham, Montgomery, Mobile, Huntsville, Tuscaloosa, Hoover, Dothan, Decatur, Auburn, Gadsden and all other areas of Alabama.